March 23, 2010

Everyone loves a Good Party

Blake turned 2 in November. He is starting to grow a little but is still small. Such a picky little thing and doesn't eat as well as I would like for him to. But, he is healthy and strong and a little silly fireball. A blessing far beyond I even imagined he would be. We love him so very much!

This year I decided to have a "Two Two" Party. We had a train cake that took some time but I was able to piece it together. I watched this video and it seemed so simple. After baking umpteen cakes and having the black icing turn out purple and the red icing turn out more of a pink, I felt a bit defeated, but no one complained and it tasted really good! We had a good crowd with all of Blake's little boy buddies from church and family :) We had a great day!



Hailey turned 7 in February. She is amazing! Everyday she teaches me just how great it is to be a parent. These are just a few of the things that I think about my sweet little dear:

1. I love that you love to be with me. I know a time will come when you will rather spend time with your friends so I am savoring every precious moment we have together.

2. Beautiful inside and out. You are always creating "gifts" for your friends or coloring pictures for people at church. You are such an encourager.

3. God fearing and curious. Bless you for wanting to know more about God and wanting to make him happy above everyone else, even Mommy and Daddy.

4. You are the best big sister ever! Blake adores you and I pray you will always be the closest of friends.

We had dinner with just family on her birthday and the next day we had a blow out with some of her closest friends. I am STILL cleaning up confetti from that day! We had an Ice Cream Sundae Bar for the kids to dig into, pin the tail on the unicorn (our theme), a pinata that Hailey just had to have, and we played board games. It was a busy morning. I think the kids enjoyed it as much as I did :)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a sweet post! I can say I am proud to be the aunt of the two best kids in the world. Both of them are such a joy to everyone and have made my life sweeter too. Thank you for being such a wonderful mommy and for sharing your babies with us! :)

Jennifer said...

We love you and are always so happy that we can share and be part of your moments!