September 30, 2009

The Green Gobblins & Weekend Tid Bits

Hailey is really loving soccer. It has been a great source of exercise for her and this is also putting another sport notch on her belt loop. If she can learn to keep up and control the ball a bit more I think she will be an awesome player one day.

As soon as Hailey got in from school she whipped out her homework and we rode down to McD's for some chicken nuggets. We had plenty of time to waste before her game started so I drove down to the pond so that the kids could look at the water and chill out while eating. When we got there a man and his wife were throwing out corn and bread to the ducks and geese. Hailey and Blake both ended up helping feed the foul. It was cute and they had a lot of fun.



Afterward, we headed up to the ball field and watched the 7/8 yr. old kids play. I wanted Hailey to see the bigger kids so she would have a better understanding of what her objectives were for the evening.

She played goalie for the first half of the game. Here is a clip of her in action.



It was a cool night. Blake's little hands were freezing and he let me know when he was ready to go home ~ about half way through the game. He loved being outside. He played in the dirt and kicked a ball around.But, he was passed out before we ever hit the highway on the way home. I LOVE MY KIDS! They are so much fun!

Speaking of fun, Friday night I got to hang out with my sweet buddy Lydia. After dragging her all over the world. We came back to my house to watch a movie, snack on chocolate and popcorn and talk. I love hanging out with that girl.

Then, Saturday Hailey and I had planned to spend the day at Alabama Adventure, but the rain prevented that. We decided to go see a movie and shop instead. We watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. We had read that book over the Summer and knew it should be a pretty good film. We both thought it was Super cute! I recommend it for kids Hailey's age. We also took a stroll through a local consignment shop. It was their last day to be open and they had everything 50% off :) I was able to get Hailey and Blake some cute winter outfits without breaking the bank.

This week is filled with school, soccer, baby-sitting and cleaning. I have been inspired by my good friend Laura to go on a dust hunt. I finished up my laundry room today and it feels so good to know that it is clean (even though no one ever sees my laundry room).

Everyone stay safe and enjoy this beautiful weather the Lord has blessed us with!

5 comments:

Chad said...

I love the video. She looked like she was doing REALLY good.

Crystal said...

I do want to come to atleast one of her games. Please email me her schedule.

Kim said...

Crystal, I don't have a set schedule to email you. I'll try to keep everyone updated with my facebook. :)

Jennifer said...

I love our babies, too!

Anonymous said...

That video is adorable. I am so glad she is playing soccer now!