October 6, 2009

Happenings & Turning 2 !?

Saturday we woke up early, ran out the door to meet with the Sunshine Girls at the Church building to prepare the Adams House (a local nursing home) packages and College Student "Survival Kits". Afterward, the kids and parents went door knocking to invite and encourage those in our local community to come to the Gospel Meeting starting next week.

We got home around lunch time. I traded Mrs. Christy my two babies for her big baby (Lydia) and then we spent the afternoon at Alabama Adventure. It was a blast! I rode rides until I was sick as a dog! We had some interesting conversations with random people and we had a lot of laughs.

As soon as we got home that evening I rushed to fix some coleslaw and sausage cheese dip for a football get together at a friends house. The Auburn v. Tennessee game was really good! And, if I may say....WAR EAGLE BABY!!! Soon after the game was over, we piled into bed and got a good nights rest so we would be ready for worship Sunday morning.

Me & the Hubby watching the game:


Sunday was pretty good until church was over. I got so sick to my stomach and Blake and I are still battling this stomach bug. I hate lingering illnesses. Everyday we seem to be getting a little better though.

Tonight the Green Goblins played the Jackets. Good game but no goal. Our kids were working REALLY hard and I am so proud of them for doing their best!

Blake had sideline entertainment:


On another note, my baby is turning 2 in a few weeks. I had planned to have a "Ball" themed party. I have even been collecting balls since this Summer so we could have a ton of them for his big day. Then, last week I came across this



I thought it was absolutely adorable! So we have been coaching Blake to tell you that he is "Two Two" and pretend he is blowing his whistle with his arm when someone asks him how old he is. I am also working on getting him an a train engineers outfit to wear :)

The best part about finding this party pack was when I went online to order it they had a typo in their listing and I was able to get the Deluxe Party pack plus party favors for $24.00!!! In the magazine it was over $80.00! I am keeping my fingers crossed they honor their online pricing. That would make me really really happy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I love the train theme!!! My kid is going to be overwhelmed with trains..lol! That is a really great picture of you and Brad. Hate I missed that get-2-gether!