September 10, 2009

A little bit of this & that...

O.k., I'll be honest, a lot of this and that. Things are busy as always. I feel like I start every blog the same way. But, it is so true. Life has a way of keeping us on our toes.

What is going on with the family?

Well, Hailey is loving school! She is very happy with her teacher and she is making great grades. We have only had 2 yellow incidents for not paying attention and one of those was the day she came down with a horrible case of strep throat.

Also, she will be having her first soccer practice Monday. Which means I need to get on the ball and get that baby some shoes and shin guards.

Blake is FINALLY talking...some. He is also trying to go big boy potty. His favorite things right now are toy cars {caaarrrrs}, his tricycle and leading singing.

Brad is doing good. Staying busy with work and hanging out with us on the weekends.

I have been doing lots of things. The WINGS program kicked off a couple of weeks ago and I was paired with my good buddy Lydia. She is such a fun girl! I love having another reason to keep in touch with her.

The same weekend as the WINGS get together a whole group of us participated in the Make-A-Wish Foundation's 5K at Alabama Adventure. Too much fun! The course was tough and I ran about 3/4 of it. The hills were insane! I cried when I came around the corner and saw a "wish" kid cheering me on. It broke my heart for his family but inspired me to always try to help others with what little running ability I have. After finishing the race (it took me 38 minutes) we were introduced to a guy named Kevin Sharp and he performed for us. You may recognize the song. To my amazement. He is the ONLY person known to ever receive a wish and be able to grant one. That was another tear jerker for me.


That same day I entered Hailey into her first fun run! She loved it! Here is a clip of her and Peyton starting off. The same "wish" kid also ran the race. Just out of reach of the finish line he looks to his mom and says "I can't do it." His sister takes his walker and his Mom picks him up and runs him across the finish line. And, I am crying now thinking about it. I tell you this was a great and emotional day. We are just so blessed to have healthy kids.

e

OUR AMAZING TEAM ~ JEKILAHETE



After the run, tears and hanging out, we spent the rest of the day in the park riding rides and playing in the rain.








I also would like to let you all know in blog world that I am officially, for sure, positively a runner. A turtle slow runner, but a runner never the less. I proved that to myself last weekend with an 8.9 miles run!!!!! Jen, Tera, Shana and I got up bright and early to go run together. My personal goal was to run 7 Miles or just as far as I could make it. I took a picture of myself Saturday morning about 4:30 a.m.

You might not think it, but I actually looked at lot better after running than I did before. It rained and we got soaking wet. Tera also took a tumble right out of the gate. She twisted her ankle, busted her knee and was eating grass. I think it was just a coy to get out of exercising but, when she saw the look of despair on our faces when we thought we were going to have to take her to the hospital, she sucked it up and walked about 6 miles! YOU GO GIRL!!!

One more thing ~~~~~~~~~~

I have a funny story to share from this evening:
Earlier my phone rang. The caller i.d. said Washington D.C. and I thought to myself "Self, this may be important!" So, I picked up and said "Hello" and it was an automated message from the FCC taking a poll.

FCC: "Would you vote to re-elect Barak Obama?"
Me: "No."
FCC: "We are sorry we missed you. Good bye."

And, again. Another example of act like you care and then ignore the public.
I couldn't help but laugh out loud it was so absurd.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was such a fun day and that picture of Mom is HILARIOUS!