June 10, 2009

Never A Dull Moment Around Here...

Since my last post we have been busy as usual. This week we have been blessed with the opportunity to hear Brother Ken Tyler speak at the gospel meeting being held at our local congregation. Wonderful, wonderful speaker. There have been four baptisms this week and several have come forward in repentance. My heart is over joyed with this!

Last week we were able to visit with our friends at Sylivan Springs. They had their VBS and Hailey LOVED getting to see Addi. I had a good time there too. It was good to visit with so many I keep up with on Blogger in person :)

I do have some sad news. Our sweet Rose puppy was hit and killed Saturday. Yes, Hailey and I have shed many many tears over her. I can honestly say she was the smartest and sweetest dog I have ever owned (and I have had some good ones before). We miss her very much. Hailey is having an especially hard time with it. Say a little prayer for her. She told me the other night that her heart hurt for Rose. And, it doesn't help when Blake runs to the door every morning and calls her name. It really is sad.


6 comments:

Teale said...

Poor Rose, and poor Hailey... I know she must be completely heartbroken. Give her a hug for me!

Crystal said...

Oh my! My heart just sank. I am so sorry for your loss of Rose. I know first-hand how attached furbabies become. I will especially pray for little HP.

Anonymous said...

I still miss Rose too!

erin said...

I am so sorry! That just breaks my heart. I will pray for Hailey, bless her heart. I know that is so hard, especially for little ones.

Kim said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Hailey's pup...

We are glad you guys got to join us last week for VBS!

Sydney & Bayley's Proud Mommy said...

I am so sorry to hear of your puppy loss. I hope your hearts heal quickly. :(

On a happy note, it was great to get to talk to you in person! Keep me posted on Blake's weight.