November 5, 2009

Mission: Thumb Gaurds

I cannot believe how ridiculously expensive thumb guards are. I found one I think would be best for Blake at Leaps and Bounds ...$75.00, REALLY?!

Before, I purchase, I decided to throw it out there that I am looking for one of these. If you stumble across a better deal please let me know about it!

Hailey had a pacifier until she was 18 months. We had originally planned to try to put an end to little man's thumb sucking at the same age but time has gotten away from us. I have had several close friends tell me that he will stop on his own (after all, theirs did). I believe them, I really do. But, I have also met (more than I would like to admit) moms out and about that comment on Blake and then follow it up with and my kid still does it...he's 12,18, one even said 30 now! I fear the latter. I don't want him to be a sucker when he grows up!



5 comments:

Teale said...

Wow! By "expensive" I was thinking you were meaning around $30 or so... yikes!! For that much they should offer you a money back guarantee if it doesn't work! Hope it is an easy transition for little man.

Tera said...

I've actually heard a lot about them, and on some kids they will work but for some kids what they will do is switch to the other thumb, and you can cover both of the thumbs then they will move to the fingers...have you thought about getting the creme that goes on the thumb and fingers??

Kim said...

Tera, I think you may be on to something. He has tried his other thumb before but he wasn't happy with it. I would rather try the cream first. I didn't know they had any. Do you know what it is called? I have also heard vinegar and of course Tabasco (which I will not be using!).

Tera said...

I don't know what it is called but Gina asked her Doctor about it, and he told her the name..

Anonymous said...

I feel so bad for him.... :( He can have my thumb....ewww....nevermind!