May 16, 2009

The Last Goodbye To DFBK & Friends

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Graduation Ceremony
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow




No one can explain just how gut wrenching it feels to have your baby graduate from Kindergarten. I didn't think I would be this emotional about it but watching her say goodbye to everything she has known for the past two years (this past week especially) has made me realize just how much she has matured since she began pre-school. She has grabbed on to the fact that she is going to go to a new school with new friends with no problems. I however, I am scared for her. I want to shrink her back into a little baby I can snuggle in my arms. She has grown into this feisty little fireball. Sure of herself. And, she seems to have everything figured out.

A couple of weeks ago the teachers began focusing on their graduation activities and told the kids to leave their backpacks at home.

Hailey's final grades are as follows:
Sight Words: A
Phonics: A
Numbers: A
Reading: B+
Handwriting: B+

Which all adds up to a very happy Mom and Dad.

Since the "work" part of school was over and they were letting the kids enjoy their last few days together. Everyday was a surprise. They had SO much fun. One day I picked Hailey up and she was soaking wet from trying to clean all of the shaving cream off that they had played in that day. Another day we had a party with cake and ice cream to honor the students and teachers. Basically, everyone involved in the program. Brad was able to come to that and being one of the three Dads that came, he was able to say the blessing before we ate and that was nice.

Hailey had her official last party at the McWayne Center. FUN FUN FUN! Hailey even made it on Fox 6 with Mickey Ferguson at lunchtime! Chee-vee, Lori, Hailey, Blake and I got there around 10:00 a.m. and we didn't get home until a little after 5:00 p.m. A long, but really fun day! Hailey spent a lot of time with her friends. We also went to the IMAX which was amazing. Hailey and Blake both got scared every time a fish would catch something to eat. Hailey ended up crying. She said it made her sad that all the fish kept eating their friends.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow:
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow



There is so much I feel like I am leaving out. I always wait until I have tmi before I post anything. We had a get together the night of Hailey's graduation with the Grand-parents. Peyton also came to play and that was very sweet. There are tons of other pictures that LB is going to email to me soon of Graduation, McWayne and Mother's Day (I still need to blog about that). Some of them are hilarious! Next week I am sure there will be plenty more things update you on. I have plans from Tuesday all the way through next Monday :) So...today I am cleaning and catching up on my laundry. That way tomorrow and Monday I can rest. I also need to go on a major grocery run....not sure when I will work that in.

Till next time blogger buddies!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love you guys so much! I had a blast at the McWayne Center! I will send you those pictures as soon as you call me back...lol! Thanks for letting us tag along and enjoy some big girl and baby time... :)

Crystal said...

We are so proud of HP! She is a great kid.

christy said...

Congrats HP. Now on to Big Girl School. We will mis DFBK>

Jennifer said...

Happy graduation, Hailey! Glad we could share in the celebration. We love y'all!